Wednesday 11 January 2012

African Ispired Head Wrap Made out of Ties

I created this Turban by folding and weaving ties I found in a charity shop. By using a four piece braid I managed to create some interesting folds that create nice textures and the bright patterns that saturate the turban, as a reult making it very eye catching and bold. Secondally I think that fact that the turban its self creates a pattern due to the folds, makes it very effective,  each level has a piece of material that links to the previous making it flow around the head.

Here i wanted to create a warm atmosphere to reflect on my inspiration and research. This photo depicts the full head turban however i have experimented with creating just a band.


However this photograph is not successful as it consists of too much portrait and i want to focus on the head band and the textures involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment