Wednesday 11 January 2012

MIVC5003 Conclusion

Reflective Summary

Re-Materialising


Initially this project had scope to evolve into many different outcomes, however I became fixated on the idea of “re-materialising,” creating something new out of the already existing. This became apparent after the post-modernism exhibition and therefore it took on the identity of creating accessories out of old wasted material such as old jewellery, ties and scrap material.

After my feedback I decided to focus on exploring aspects photography to capture patterns, colours and textures. I wanted to improve my photography and consequently my photoshop abilities and documenting this project has enabled these improvements. I have four developed outcomes which I have uploaded to facebook as an online gallery and to receive feedback. Creating an African inspired head scarf out of ties I believe to be an unusual but effective use of old ties. I think the ties have been re-born and gained value.

The photography aspect was difficult due to a last minute cancelation from my model, however  I am pleased with my outcome as I think they depict the element of “re-materialising” well, the fact that ties have been re moulded is clear but the overall effect of a creative photograph.

Due to the free scope nature of this project I feel I have really explored my creativity, by creating something out of ties tested my imagination and from the photography element, I learnt about lighting, space and form. Finally the impact of face book on small businesses to promote or sell work is astonishing and by uploading mine to act as online gallery has broadened my mind of the impact of social networking sites. To conclude post-modernism explored creating new art out of old art, I have created new accessories out of already existing materials and used social networking site (facebook) to promote my work.


word count 298

No comments:

Post a Comment